Ship to Shore
This game improves acceleration, speed and agility. Players sprint between the distance of 60ft and the Coach can change direction at any given time.
- Four markers
- Place two markers 15m apart on the foul ball line.
- Place two markers 15m apart in line of 2nd base (60ft)
- Have team stand on the foul ball line. This is called “Ship”. The other end line, between the two markers located in line of second base, is called “Shore”.
- Coach calls out either “Ship” or “Shore”
- Players sprint to the line that represents what was called out.
- Change direction while players are sprinting to one line. i.e. While players are sprinting to Shore call out “Ship”.
- If a player runs in the opposite direction that was called out then they are given one strike. Three strikes and you are out.
- Add “Hit the Deck”. As soon as the Coach calls this out all players must dropped to the ground.
- Increase the length of the game and or distance between Ship and Shore.