Rats and Rabbits
This game improves acceleration. Players react at high speed to either their left or right.
- Three markers
- Place first marker on ground. i.e. between 1st and 2nd base
- Place second marker 30ft to the right of the first marker.i.e. 2nd Base
- Place third marker 30ft to the left of the first marker. i.e. 1st base
- Split players in two teams
- Players face each other in two lines 3m apart.
- One line is called “Rats”, the other “Rabbits”.
- Coach calls out “Rats” or “Rabbits”
- The named team then turns and runs to the end line while the other team chases them.
- Players must be in two straight lines.
- Either Rats or Rabbits can not move until the coach calls out their name.
- Players who catch the other player receive one point for being successful.