Great Wall of China
Aim: This game improves fielding. Players form a “wall” and attempt to stop ground balls.
• One glove per player
1. No set up needed.
1. Split players into teams. No less than four players per team.
2. Nominate one person to be the leader. This player stands on the foul ball line.
3. The rest of the team stand side by side (wall) 10 paces in front of the leader.
4. Players than get into the ready position (sumo wrestler). This creates “The Great Wall of China”
5. The leader attempts to get the baseball through the wall by rolling the baseball along the ground.
6. The Sumo’s have to stop the ground ball.
1. Sumo’s must be in contact with each other. Feet touching.
2. The leader is awarded one point for every ground ball that gets through the Great Wall of China.
1. Decrease the distance between the leader and “The Great Wall of China”.