Cat and Mouse
This game improves base running. Players run around the bases without being caught
by the player behind them.
• Home plate
• 3 bases
1. Place bases on the ground at regular base path distance
1. Split team into two lines behind home plate
2. One line is called “Cats” the other “Mice”.
3. The Coach lets a Mouse loose to run the base paths and touch every base. i.e. 1b-2b-3b- home
4. When the mouse is at a sufficient distance then release a Cat to chase the Mouse around the base paths and touch every base.
5. The Cat’s aim is to catch the Mouse. i.e. tag player
1. Either Cat or Mouse can not leave until the Coach sets them loose
2. Both Cat and Mouse must touch every base and in correct order. i.e. 1b-2b-3b-home.
3. If a Cat catches a Mouse then the Cat receives one point for being successful.